The Barceló San José is located in a quiet residential area of Uruca, just 13 km away from Juan Santamaría International Airport and 5 km from the center of the capital San José in Costa Rica. It has good connections with the main business, shopping and leisure areas, such as the National Stadium.
This emblematic, highly prestigious and traditional urban hotel offers a unique, excellent European style service. It has 254 rooms that were renovated in 2015 and equipped with all the necessary facilities to enjoy your stay, whether travelling for business or pleasure, with views of the city and the mountains. The hotel offers free parking and gym to all our guests. It also has an outdoor swimming pool and exuberant garden. The hotel has 3 restaurants and a bar where you can enjoy a wide variety of food and an extensive cocktail menu with live music. Its 17 meeting rooms stand out with different capacities, technologically equipped for conferences, conventions and events. It also has a convention centre with capacity for up to 1,100 people where you will find the ideal setting for your event to be a complete success.
The Barceló San José has been recognized with the Certificate of Sustainability, granted by the Costa Rican Institute of Tourism and international recognitions such as the Cristal award.
- Outdoor swimming pool for adults and children with views of the gardens (open all year)
- Sunlounger service
- Ánfora a-la-carte buffet restaurant.
- A-la-carte restaurants: Miyako and Rancho Grill
- El Bosque Bar
- Minibar in the room
- El Greco Convention Centre with capacity for 1,000 people
- Large car park
- Facilities for people with reduced mobility
- Room service
- 24-hour reception
- Luggage service
- Travel agency
- Currency exchange
- Excursion program
- Jewellers and gift shop
- Laundry service
- Ironing service
- Babysitting service (upon request)
- Medical service
- Beauty Salon & Massages: with a hairdressing and massage area
- Fitness room with free access for guests.
- Tennis courts (day and night), racquet-ball and squash